Welcome to Holy Name
Thank you for worshipping with us today.
On Saturday, November 23rd & Sunday, November 24th
Bake cakes, pies, tarts, cookies, loaves etc. whatever you do. Please bring to hall before Mass & label anything with nuts. Thank you for your help.
Penny Sale Draw will be held on Sunday, November 24th.
Upcoming 100th Anniversary Events
Please mark on your home calendars
December 14, 2013 – 7 p.m.
African Catholic Community Choir Concert
January 25, 2014 – 6 p.m.
Chili Supper and Karaoke Night
March 2nd, 2014 – after 10 a.m. Mass
Pancake breakfast organized by the Scouts
REST IN PEACE
Our Parish Community wishes to extend our sympathy to the family and friends of Helena Polgar and all the faithful departed. May they rest in peace.
Rosary at 11:50 a.m.
Tues. November 19: ferial
2 Maccabees 6.18-31, Ps. 3.1-2, 3-4, 5-6, Luke 19.1-10
Wed. November 20th: ferial
12:05 pm: Constancio Gonsalves +
2 Maccabees 7.1, 20-31, Ps. 17.1, 5-6, 8b+15, Luke 19.11-28
Thurs. November 21st: The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
12:05 pm: Bill Whittaker +
1 Maccabees 2.15-29, Ps. 50.1-2, 5-6, 14-15, Luke 19.41-44
Fri. November 22nd: St. Cecilia
12:05 pm: Francisco Jorge +
1 Maccabees 4.36-37, 52-59, 1 Chronicles 29.10b, 11abc, 11d-12a, Luke 19.45-48
Sat. November 23rd: ferial
5:15 pm: Domingos DeLima +
1 Maccabees 6.1-13, Ps. 9.1-2, 3+5, 16+18, Luke 20-27-40
Readings for Christ the King - November 24th, 2013
1st Reading: 2 Samuel 5.1-3
Responsorial Psalm: Ps 122.1-2, 3-4a, 4b-5
2nd Reading: Colossians 1.12-20
Gospel: Luke 23.35-43
Lector & Eucharistic Minister Schedule
For next weekend –
November 23rd & 24th, 2013
5:15 pm – Joyce Whelton, Sheila Spencer
10:00 am – Arlene Perry, Megan Jeffrey, David Royle
5:15 pm – Manuel Mairena, Sheila Spencer
10:00 am – Gilda Benincasa, Ann Gilbride, Steven Hozjan, Myrna Anacta
Church Bulletin Advertising
Liturgical Publications will be setting up the advertisements for our church bulletin. The advertising will begin in February 2014 & supports the bulletin service. Please support the bulletin and advertise your product or service. Call Liturgical Publications at 905-624-4422. Thank you.
There will be an information meeting for students wishing to be confirmed and their parents on Tuesday, November 26th, at 7 p.m. in the church. Please phone the Church or see Carol Soloman for details.
PHILIPPINES TYPHOON HAIYAN
Those wishing to help may do so in the following ways:
- Online through the Archdiocese of Toronto website: www.archtoronto.org
- By phone through the Development Office 416-934-3411
- Through the parish, making cheques payable to: Name of Parish – Philippines Typhoon Haiyan – Humanitarian Relief
The Canadian government has announced, it will match donations to the Typhoon Haiyan Relief Fund made by Canadians between Nov. 9 and Dec 9. Contributions will be eligible for the matching program.
Welcome to Our Parish Family
November 17th, 2013
Hunter Joseph Murphy
son of James & Michelle
Myles Francis O’Reilly
son of Emmett & Nada
Bishop McGrattan Visits
Friday, November 29th
- School visits (am/pm)
- Visit with Grades 2, 7 & 8.
- Visit with teachers over recess.
- Home visits.
- Meetings with parish staff (1/2 hour) – 2:30 pm
- Meetings with parish committees
- Volunteer Screening Committee – 3 pm
- Finance Committee – 3:30 pm
- Dinner in the rectory – 5:30 pm
- After-dinner refreshments in the rectory with invited guests – 7:00 pm
Saturday, November 30th
- Meeting with parish groups
- St. Vincent de Paul – 10 am
- Pastoral Council – 10:30 am
- Youth Group: Youth Ministers & Children’s Program Teachers – 11 am
- Youth: Lunch – 12 pm
- Catechists, Sacramental Preparation (R.C.I.A., Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, Confirmation) – 1:30 pm
- Liturgical Ministries – Ushers, Choir, Eucharistic Ministers, Hospitality Ministers – 2:30 pm
- Mass – 5:15 pm
- Social (wine & cheese) – 7:30 pm – 9 pm
Sunday, December 1st
- Celebrate and preach at Masses
- 10 am – Mass
- 12 pm – Mass with ACC
- 1 pm – 4 pm – Lunch and meetings with the ACC community and committees