HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE
Parish Penitential Service
- Wednesday, March 6th
11 am – 12 pm
4 pm – 8 pm
- March 23rd - 5:15 pm Mass
- March 24th - 10:00 a.m. Mass
- 12:00 p.m. Mass (African Catholic Community)
Holy Thursday – March 28th
- Simple Supper in the hall at 6 p.m.
- (people bring homemade soup to share enough for your family plus 1)
Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:30 p.m.
- (Bring bells to ring and towels for the washing of feet)
- Followed by adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- until 12:00 a.m. in the church.
Good Friday – March 29th at 3:00 p.m.
- Good Friday Service (African Catholic Community presides and all are welcome)
Reminder: Good Friday is a day of Fast and Abstinence for all Catholics
- Easter Vigil Sat. March 30th, 8:00 p.m.
- (Bring bells to ring)
Easter Morning , March 31st
- 10:00 a.m. (Bring bells to ring)
- 12:00 p.m. African Catholic Community
Rosary at 11:50 a.m.
Tues. March 5th: ferial
- 12:05 pm: Pat Crowley
- Daniel 3.25, 34-43, Ps. 25.4-5a, 6-7, 8-9, Matthew 18.21-35
Wed. March 6th ferial :
- 12:05 pm: Maria Izaura Cesarina Gonsalves +
- Deuteronomy 4.1, 5-9, Ps. 147.12-13, 15-16, 19-20, Matthew 5.17-19
Thurs. March 7th: ferial
- 12:05 pm: Mary Kay +
- Jeremiah 7.23-28, Ps. 95.1-2, 6-7ab, 7c-9, Luke 11.14-23
Fri. March 8th: ferial
- 12:05 pm: Mary Kay +
- Hosea 14.1-9, Ps. 81.5c-7a, 7bc-8, 9-10ab, 13+16, Mark 12.28b-34
Sat. March 9th: ferial
- 5:15 pm: Costantino Del Bove +
- Hosea 5.15b – 6.6++, Ps. 51.1-2, 16-17, 18-19ab, Luke 18.9-14
Readings for Fourth Sunday of Lent
- 1st Reading: Joshua 5.9a, 10-12
- Responsorial Psalm: 34.1-2, 3-4, 5-6
- 2nd Reading: 2 Corinthians 5.17-21
- Gospel: Luke 15.1-3, 11-32
Volunteers for next weekend – March 9th & 10th
- 5:15 pm – Flavia Mussio, Laurence Mussio
- 10:00 am – Nora Gilbride, Paul Connelly, Arlene Perry
- 5:15 pm – Steven Hozjan, Joan Howard
- 10:00 am – Romeo Lopez, Anne Marie Cassin, Earl Totten, Megan Jeffrey
- is lit this week For the Quick Recovery of Christina Fiorino at the req. of Ann Collins
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
EVERY FRIDAY DURING LENT BEGINNING AT 7:00 P.M.
- March 8th – Lectors
- March 15th – African Catholic Community
- March 22 – R.C.I.A.
THANK YOU-SCOUT PANCAKE BREAKFAST 2013
The 236th Toronto Scouting Group put on a pancake breakfast and went to the church service as a group on Feb 24, 2013. The purpose of the church service and pancake breakfast is several fold.
- To give the youth an opportunity to do community service.
- To show off scouting to the parish who sponsors us.
- To raise funds for the renovations at the Church.
- To give the First Light Scout Band a venue to show off their skills.
- And to support and promote a social event for the parish.
The following people were part of the 236th Event on February 24, 2013.The members were (4 Cubs) (7 Scouts) (4 Venturers) (3 Rovers) & (12 Adults). We want to thank parishioners Ann and Nora Gilbride for the assistance as always. Thank you all for coming out to participate. So the event was successful because many people came, many youth played games, many meals were served, the band played on and we all had fun and finally we raised a net amount of $300.00 for the church. Congratulations to all who helped to plan, helped to run, helped to be a part of this years Scout Week.
Thank you for helping us to help you,
Scouter Bob Taylor (Skip)
- Boy Scouts
- Every Tuesday 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm (small hall, hall & various rooms)
- Every Wednesday 7:00 pm (classroom)
- Thursdays at 7 p.m. in the church
- Every Thursday 6:30 pm in the hall
- Office of Formation
- March 2nd & 9th
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (large hall)
- Stations of the Cross-Every Friday During Lent
- March 8, March 15, March 22
- 7 pm (church)
- Hall Rental
- March 23rd (large hall)
- Development & Peace-Coffee Sunday
- March 24th
- after Mass (large hall)
- Confirmation Class (1st Session)
- 11:30 am (St. Marguerite Room)
Archdiocesan Day of Confession
- Wed. March 6th (individual confession in the church)
- 11 a.m. – 12 noon
- 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.